One of the highlights of the upcoming Cactus, Succulent, and Bromeliad Festival is a competition where participants can put their babies under the spotlight for a chance to be hailed as the Best Bromeliad along with other titles that are up for grabs.
Here are the guidelines on how to enter the competition:
- The competition is open to all Filipino plant enthusiasts
- Participants can submit an unlimited number of entries per category
- A registration fee of P50 will be collected per plant entry
- Upon entry, participants must agree to leave the plant/s at the venue for the duration of the show
- All participants must follow all rules and regulations of the competition as well as respect the judges’ decision
To avoid any conflict throughout the competition, participants are required to comply with the following rules and regulations:
- All plants entered in the competition should be pest and disease free
- Organizers have the right to disqualify or prevent plants identified with infestation from entering the show
- Plants for competition should be under the participant’s care for at least 3 months.
- Entries should be displayed properly and must be presented in a manner that will uphold and reflect the image of the organizers
- All entries should come with proper plant identification
Eligible entries can vie for a title in the major category which is the Best Bromeliad and other minor categories which include Best Neoregelia, Best Aechmea, Best Billbergia, Best Cryptanthus, Best Dyckia, Best Tillandsia (small, bulbous, rosette), and Best Other Genera.
All prizes will be awarded during the ceremony. In the meantime, trophies, medals and ribbons will be placed beside the winning plant right after the competition chair has finished tallying all judges’ scores.
The event will be held from June 20 to 23 at the Main Mall Atrium of SM Mall of Asia. For more information or to register, contact Claudio D. Sanchez-Mariscal at 09065758687 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.