By Vina Medenilla
Our local farmers have been suffering from the low demand for their produce since Enhanced Community Quarantine was imposed in different parts of the country in a bid to halt the spread of COVID-19.
The temporary halting of mass transportation, the tightening of borders, and the enforcement of social distancing are some of the reasons that have made it hard for farmers to sell their harvests. In fact, some farmers in Benguet have no choice but to throw their produce on the roadsides due to oversupply and decreasing sales.
Agrea International [ www.agreaph.com ], a company that advocates for the environment, food security, and eradicating poverty in the Philippines, is offering a way to make agricultural commodities accessible to consumers while helping local farmers market their produce despite the transportation restrictions due to COVID-19.
The organization has set up a program called Move Food Initiative where people can order online and have it delivered right in front of their doorstep.
Here is how you can order:
- To order, fill out the order form at bit.ly/movefoodinitiative. The list of produce with prices can also be seen on the same link. The list is updated every Tuesday morning.
Order cut off: Friday, 1 PM
Delivery days: Over the weekend
- They only facilitate bulk orders. Minimum order per produce commodity is 5 kilos, and 100 kilos minimum of total assorted produce per village/condo.
- The form will also include the Zonal Delivery area. Their delivery areas include Paranaque, Makati, Taguig, Valle Verde in Pasig and others.
- Fill out the Order Form and click Submit.
- The team will review your order based on your completed form and will send a confirmation email with full details.
Kalabasa (squash), Suprema – P30/Kg
Ampalaya (bitter gourd) – P87/Kg
Sitaw (string beans) – P100/Kg
Kamote (sweet potato) – P62/Kg
Pechay, Tagalog – P60/Kg
Labanos (radish) – P36/Kg
Talong (eggplant) – P80/Kg
Kamatis (tomato) – P46/Kg
Okra – P94/Kg
Bawang (garlic) – P260/Kg
Papaya, Panggulay – P16/Kg
Luya (ginger) – P250/Kg
Turmeric (luyang dilaw) – P90/Kg
Chicken Eggs, White – P260 per tray of 30pcs
Broccoli (trimmed) – P150/Kg
Cauliflower (trimmed) – P150/Kg
Carrots (medium sized, washed) – P60/Kg
Sayote (chayote) – P45/Kg
Repolyo (cabbage) – P70/Kg
Wombok (Baguio pechay) – P60/Kg
Pineapple (pinya) – P60/piece
The prices follow the Department of Agriculture approved commodity pricing.
Graphic from Agrea International
Original post: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Gu6jInoDt/?igshid=dgqxyk6mn4q7